[Dovecot] 1.0.rc12 released - High Load Levels

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 7 16:29:41 UTC 2006

Quoting Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com>:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> Timo,
>>
>> rc12 seem to be running slow and high load levels. You seem to be
>> switching back and forth between being fast and slow. I'm going
>> back to rc7 because it worked really well. I'm running MBOX.
>
> Well thats a real helpful bug report...

I just now upgraded from RC10 to RC12 using the atrpms RPM version.
It does _seem_ to be a bit slower (I only notice really because RC10
was _SO FREEKING FAST_ that RC12 seems a bit slow in comparison.

I'm also using MBOX.  One thing to note:  I did not uprgade the
dovecot.conf file yet, so I'm still using default_mail_env instead
of mail_location.

In the next couple of hours, I'll probably change to the new dovecot.conf
file with the new mail_location and see if that changes anything.

I wouldn't call this a show-stopper or anything, just an additional
observation that it does seem to be a bit slower.  I've no actual
data, just a "seat of the pants" judgement as to response time from
the client end.  The difference is, IMHO, small, but noticable.

I'm not seeing any high server load of anything though.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!