[Dovecot] How to give system and virtual users their own mail_location?

Egbert Jan egbert at vandenbussche.nl
Wed Nov 8 11:07:12 UTC 2006

Hi again.

I hace Dovecot rc12 working on Mandriva 2007.0 now for system accounts and
virtual accounts both imap and imaps can be used.
Th problem now is that I cannot use both types of user at the same time. The
'mail_location = ' strings are very different:
Real system users have their Maildir in /home/%u/Maildir/ but virtual users
have their maildir in /home/virtual/%d/%n/.
How can tell dovecot to use the first for pam clients and second for mysql
authenticated clients?
Just adding two private namespaces does not work. That is for ONE user
having more mailbox locations, isn't it?

Thanks for any hints!

Egbert Jan (NL)