[Dovecot] How to give system and virtual users their own mail_location?

Egbert Jan egbert at vandenbussche.nl
Wed Nov 8 12:34:11 UTC 2006

Hi all.

Now hopefully as a new thread because I still have this question. Apologies
to Geert and Timo for my misbehaviour...(repling to the list and changing
the subject).

I hace Dovecot rc12 working on Mandriva 2007.0 now for system accounts and
virtual accounts both imap and imaps can be used. Th problem now is that I
cannot use both types of user at the same time. The 'mail_location = '
strings are very different: Real system users have their Maildir in
/home/%u/Maildir/ but virtual users have their maildir in
/home/virtual/%d/%n/. How can tell dovecot to use the first for /etc/passwd
clients and second for mysql authenticated clients? Just adding two private
namespaces does not work. That is for ONE user having more mailbox
locations, isn't it?

Thanks for any hints!

Egbert Jan (NL)