[Dovecot] mail_chroot: no variables support?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Nov 12 18:14:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 21:08 +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello Timo,
>
> Sunday, November 12, 2006, 2:37:35 PM, you wrote:
>
> TS> I'll add in my TODO, but if your userdb isn't passwd, you could do it
> TS> there as well.
>   Yep, my userdb is SQL, so I found workaround already.
>   IMHO, documentation should mention, that maildir and home will be calcualted relative to new root, if chroot is set! I've found this experementally, but it is not evident, IMHO.
>   Oh... And it is good question: if home is relative to chroot, and chroot is %h... Hmm... Will it work at all?!

They're not really relative to anything, and you should only use
absolute paths everywhere. It's just that chroot is set first before the
other paths are used, so they have a new root directory.

You actually can't really use %h for chroot. Otherwise you'll end up
having your home directory in /home/user/home/user. If you want to
chroot to home, you should return chroot=/home/%u and home=/.