[Dovecot] NFSV4?

Thu Nov 16 15:44:24 UTC 2006

> And, in answer to your questions:
> o it is already supported (as described above)
> o NFSv4 boasts better performance and stability
> o it will probably have little impact on the dovecot user community, but
> better performance is always a good thing. ;)

Thanks for the answers...

My query was prompted mainly by the posts that I have seen on this list
describing problems with using NFS - mainly file-locking, if memory
serves correctly. So, I just wondered if the use of NFSv4 might make
these issues 'go away'... ;)

Anyway, as I said, I was just curious. Thanks again for responding...

--

Best regards,

Charles