[Dovecot] two assertion failures

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Nov 16 20:46:16 UTC 2006

Hello!

I was able to overcome the earlier-reported problems (of dovecot treating
the standard mailboxes in /var/mail/ as directories) by specifying
mail_location (continuing to use the 0.99-era dovecot.conf did not work).

Then I started seeing assertion-failures like:

file istream-raw-mbox.c: line 499 (istream_raw_mbox_get_body_size): assertion failed: (rstream->mail_size != (uoff_t)-1)

these disappeared, when I disabled mmap-access (mmap is limited to 1Gb on
FreeBSD/i386), although dovecot-0.99 worked... I can now get to my mail again,
but every once in a while the following assertion kills the connection:

file mail-transaction-log.c: line 273 (mail_transaction_log_close): assertion failed: (log->files == NULL)

Please, advise... Thanks!

	-mi