[Dovecot] dovecot and ldap passwords.

Mauro Sanna mauro.sanna at comune.cagliari.it
Mon Nov 20 10:43:17 UTC 2006

Il giorno dom, 19/11/2006 alle 00.07 +0200, Timo Sirainen ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:10 +0100, Mauro Sanna wrote:
> > So I've tried to change the type of the ldap passwords in SSHA or SMD5,
> > but in this way the users can't authenticate yourselfs.
> > Dovecot doesn't understand SSHA or SMD5?
>
> It does, unless you're using v0.99.x version.

Yes, I'm using 0.99.x version as it's distributed with debian stable.

> Set auth_debug_passwords=yes and check the logs what it says when you
> try to authenticate.

Now I've changed default_pass_scheme from CRYPT to PLAIN in
dovecot-ldap.conf.
It seems that all work, I can use either CRYPT scheme in my userPassword
ldap attribute or SSHA scheme or SMD5 scheme and so on without
problems.
Is that ok?