[Dovecot] small mbox and index files problem

Steven F Siirila sfs at tc.umn.edu
Thu Nov 23 04:41:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 02:17:00PM +1000, Paul Shackel wrote:

> Dovecot version: 1.0-0_33.rc15 built by atrpms
> Operating system: Redhat EL4
> CPU architecture: x86
> Filesystem you used: mailboxs via nfs to fileserver using xfs
>
> Just upgraded from 1.0-0_20.rc7 to 1.0-0_33.rc15 built by atrpms
> and we had previously set mbox_min_index_size to 1024 (1Mb) and now all
> mailboxes (mbox format) that are under this size
> are not able to be opened and throw an
> "Internal error occured. Refer to server log for more information."
> using either Thunderbird or Outlook Express, both of which are
> recent versions.

We experienced the same thing (I already posted about this at least once
in the past few weeks, maybe twice.)  I haven't got any replies yet though.

> The small mailboxes can be opened after turning
> mbox_min_index_size setting back to 0, at which time it creates

Same here.  Our workaround is not set mbox_min_inex_size above 0, which
essentially makes it a worthless option (until this is fixed).

--

Steven F. Siirila			Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services			E-mail: sfs at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology	Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota			Fax: (612) 626-7593