[Dovecot] Logging

Steven F Siirila sfs at tc.umn.edu
Wed Nov 29 22:26:50 UTC 2006

In trying to determine why someone was unable to use port 110 w/STLS (POP)
I had great difficulty finding the session in which the user switched to
this port from using port 995.  This is because Dovecot does not log any
port number information.  Furthermore, it isn't obvious to me if it logs
whether a session was negotiated SSL (via STARTTLS w/IMAP or STLS w/POP)
or started out SSL (ports 993 and 995).  If this seems reasonable, I can
whip up a patch to log this information.  However, I'd rather see Dovecot
1.0 released first.

--

Steven F. Siirila			Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services			E-mail: sfs at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology	Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota			Fax: (612) 626-7593