[Dovecot] dovecot starts and then exit

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 8 21:43:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 14:39 -0700, Ed Lucero wrote:
> I've just installed dovecot on FreeBSD 6.1. Running MySQL 5.0 on another
> server. Postfix version 2.3.3
>
> Dovecot starts then exits with no error messages.
>
> I've run it as a daemon and on the command line with -F option

If it quits without errors even with -F, then it must have logged an
error message. If you can't find it, set log_path manually to somewhere
and then see what it writes there.

> The maillog has a startup message
>
> dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.rc7 starting up

This message is written with "info" loglevel instead of "error"
loglevel, so it could be written to different log than errors.