[Dovecot] Maildir++ quota inconsistency

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 9 00:23:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 21:57 +0200, Anand Buddhdev wrote:
> Anyway, like I said, Exim is so flexible, that it can do anything, and I
> can make it work with Dovecot's interpretation of quotas very easily.
> All I'm saying is that Dovecot's interpretation of the quota as
> kilobytes instead of bytes is not consistent with the specification or
> with 2 known implementations (Courier and Exim), and it might be a good
> idea to correct it now, before release 1.0 comes out. Who knows what
> kind of interoperability problems this might cause in the future,
> especially if more applications begin supporting Maildir++ quotas.
>
> Timo, what's your opinion?

I don't really see the problem. With Dovecot the quota format must be in
such a special format ("maildir:storage=1024") that you can't use just
one number field from SQL directly anyway.

And this is all internal Dovecot configuration and the same thing is
done even if the quota backend isn't Maildir++, so Maildir++ spec is
irrelevant here.