[Dovecot] 1.0rc8 - not quite yet

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 9 00:53:30 UTC 2006

OK, I know I promised rc8 today in my recent mails, but it's way too
late and writing changes to NEWS file takes time. :) So I guess it'll
happen tomorrow then.

In the mean time it would be nice if you'd test that I didn't break
anything badly with my recent changes. Especially when I changed the
password verifications to detect if the password is in hex or base64
encoding based on the string length. This also allowed me to make
LDAP-MD5 and PLAIN-MD5 use the same password verification function. I
like this change. :)

So, the almost-rc8 snapshot is in:

http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz

I also started building dovecot-sieve snapshots:

http://dovecot.org/nightly/sieve/