[Dovecot] patch: mailboxcasecmp()

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Mon Oct 9 11:37:37 UTC 2006

On October 9, 2006 12:02:57 PM +0200 Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> Though, that'll probably lead to problems with the plugin when the
> source and destination are "SPAM" and "spam" which is certainly possible
> on some systems :)
>
> Frank, maybe it'd be a better idea to just force them to "Spam"?

hmm ... well if they had "Spam" forced upon them, and they created "SPAM"
later, it still wouldn't be clear which is the magic one.  I'd rather
give users the flexibility to use "spam", "SPAM" or "Spam" as they see
fit.  It seems unlikely a single user would create multiple case-variant
names.  (Now that I've said that, it's practically guaranteed to happen!)

-frank