[Dovecot] patch: mailboxcasecmp()

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 9 11:08:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 12:02 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Though, that'll probably lead to problems with the plugin when the
> source and destination are "SPAM" and "spam" which is certainly possible
> on some systems :)

Yea..

> > Anyway I'd rather not change the code until I can figure out if the
> > change is actually going to be a good idea. If you just want it to work
> > now, you could just as well call strcasecmp() directly since the mailbox
> > name comparing code won't be changed anytime soon..

And I'm really just worrying that if I add such function it could look
as if Dovecot somehow supported case-insensitive mailbox names. Since
strcasecmp() works only with ASCII, I'd then have to figure out what to
do with non-ASCII letters to really support it correctly, and so on..

I should add support for case-insensitive UTF8 comparing though. SEARCH
command should do this, and it's been in my TODO for ages.