[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Mon Oct 9 21:17:09 UTC 2006

On October 9, 2006 2:38:46 PM -0500 Steven F Siirila <sfs at tc.umn.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 09:30:09PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>
>> There are two ways to deliver mail. Either with this mailbox_command, or
>> by creating a pipe transport into master.cf and using it. You could try
>> if the transport way works better, see http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA
>
> Using mailbox_command causes an extra (badly-formed) "From " line as
> described previously.  I can't see how anyone could be using this
> successfully with Postfix (I'm running version 2.3.3).

Works for me.  Here is the entirety of my postfix config.

$ postconf -n
alias_maps = dbm:/etc/postfix/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.3/HTML_FILES
mail_owner = postfix
mailbox_command = /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
mynetworks_style = host
myorigin = $mydomain
newaliases_path = /usr/sbin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.3/README_FILES
relay_domains =
sample_directory = no
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_domains = dbm:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_domains
virtual_alias_maps = dbm:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps
$

I'm using dovecot-1.0.beta8 and dovecot-deliver from CVS.  Don't know
how different that is from rc2+ and the sieve plugin.

-frank