[Dovecot] Problems with LDA and vitual mailboxes

Daniel Frickemeier daniel at zigulle.de
Wed Oct 11 08:18:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

I try to set up dovecot LDA with virtual domains/mailboxes to use sieve.

I use dovecot 1.0_rc7 with sieve dovecot-sieve-20060726 .

All datas about the virtual domains and mailboxes are stored in a
mysql-database. And without using the LDA delifer agent, everything works
fine.

But when I try to use LDA (even without sieve), I got a delivery failture.

I followed the wiki-howto http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA to set up LDA support
and added

/etc/postfix/maser.cf:

# Dovecot LDA
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d
${recipient}

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
virtual_transport = dovecot

for postfix.

In dovecot.conf I added:

auth default {
  # Space separated list of wanted authentication mechanisms:
  #   plain login digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm rpa apop anonymous gssapi
  mechanisms = plain login

  # SQL database
  passdb sql {
    # Path for SQL configuration file, see doc/dovecot-sql.conf for example
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  }

  # SQL database
 userdb sql {
   # Path for SQL configuration file, see doc/dovecot-sql.conf for example
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  }

  socket listen {
    master {
      path = /var/run/dovecot-auth-master
      # use this for LDA, the dovecot-auth will NOT work
      mode = 0600
      user = virtual
      #group = mail # Or alternatively mode 0660 + LDA user in this group
    }
    client {
      path = /var/run/dovecot-auth # use this for postfix
      mode = 0600
      user = posfix # postfix user
      #group = mail # Or alternatively mode 0660 + postfix user in this group
    }
  }
}

protocol lda {
	log_path = /var/tmp/dovecot-lda.log
{

And in dovecot-sql

# Dataabase driver: mysql, pgsql
driver = mysql

# Currently supported schemes include PLAIN, PLAIN-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, and CRYPT.
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
#default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5

# Database options
connect = host=localhost dbname=$DB user=$USER password=$PASSWD

password_query = SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active
= '1'
user_query = SELECT maildir, 1002 AS uid, 1004 AS gid FROM mailbox WHERE
username = '%u' AND active = '1'

# eof

But when I send a mail to a vitual user, I got the following log entries in
mail.log:

Oct 11 08:40:38 server postfix/pipe[11673]: D39A5664420:
to=<zigulle at zigulle.de>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.08, delays=0.06/0/0/0.03,
dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure)

and in /var/tmp/dovecot-lda.log:
deliver(zigulle at zigulle.de): Error: userdb(zigulle at zigulle.de) didn't return a
home directory

has anyone here a hint, where the Problem ist?

cu Daniel
--
TELEKOM-Mitarbeiter, die keine TELEKOM-Aktien kaufen, sollten wegen Verwendung
von Insider-Wissen bestraft werden.