[Dovecot] Problems with LDA and vitual mailboxes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 11 11:21:01 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 09:18 +0200, Daniel Frickemeier wrote:
> user_query = SELECT maildir, 1002 AS uid, 1004 AS gid FROM mailbox WHERE
> username = '%u' AND active = '1'
..
> deliver(zigulle at zigulle.de): Error: userdb(zigulle at zigulle.de) didn't return a
> home directory

Problem is exactly this. Deliver won't run unless you return "home" from
user_query. I don't think this should be required if you're now using
Sieve, so I guess I'll change this.. But since you want to use Sieve,
the users' Sieve scripts are placed in their home directory, and deliver
need to know where to find them.