[Dovecot] 1.0rc8 status report

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 11 16:26:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 15:54 +0100, David Lee wrote:
> It basically went well.  But just over two hours hours later I had to back
> off, because of a significant dovecot problem, namely that dovecot
> crashed, almost silently.  The only traces of this event in the log file
> seem to be:
>    Oct 10 16:26:12 [...] dovecot: child 24525 (login) returned error 89
>    Oct 10 16:26:14 [...] dovecot: Login process died too early - shutting down

Looks like this is happening to some people now.. Unfortunately I can't
really do anything with this little information. There's a bug in
logging, which I think is fixed by this patch:

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-October/006473.html

After knowing what exactly the error is I could debug it further.