[Dovecot] 1.0rc8 status report

Laurent Papier papier at sdv.fr
Thu Oct 12 09:08:51 UTC 2006

Le Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:26:14 +0300
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> écrit:

> On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 15:54 +0100, David Lee wrote:
> > It basically went well.  But just over two hours hours later I had to back
> > off, because of a significant dovecot problem, namely that dovecot
> > crashed, almost silently.  The only traces of this event in the log file
> > seem to be:
> >    Oct 10 16:26:12 [...] dovecot: child 24525 (login) returned error 89
> >    Oct 10 16:26:14 [...] dovecot: Login process died too early - shutting down
>
> Looks like this is happening to some people now.. Unfortunately I can't
> really do anything with this little information. There's a bug in
> logging, which I think is fixed by this patch:
>
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-October/006473.html
>
> After knowing what exactly the error is I could debug it further.

Hi,
I do have the same kind of problem, but with dovecot 1.0rc6 (I will upgrade
today to rc8). Once a week dovecot died with only 'Login process died too early
- shutting down' in the log. It only happens on my POP3/IMAP proxies. I use a
linux 2.6 kernel and MySQL for user/pass.

# dovecot --version
1.0.rc6
# dovecot --build-options
Build options: ioloop=poll notify=dnotify ipv6 openssl
SQL drivers: mysql
Passdb: checkpassword pam passwd passwd-file shadow sql
Userdb: checkpassword passwd prefetch passwd-file sql static

What should I active/do to produce a exploitable debug trace ?

Timo if you need additional info feel free top ask.

--
Laurent Papier - 03 88 75 80 50
Admin. système - SdV Plurimedia - <http://www.sdv.fr/>