[Dovecot] proxy mode

Jernej Porenta jernej.porenta at arnes.si
Thu Oct 12 08:18:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've searched the documentation for IMAP/POP3 server with proxy feature,
but wiki says that this is not fully implemented yet, but wiki page
hasnt been updated for a while.

So is there any change since then?

Because we are looking for a solution to replace the perdition POP3/IMAP
proxy in front of the current UW-IMAP servers and we would really
appreciate this feature, since the documentation says that proxy
implementation in dovecot does not create a process for every user
(problem with large number of concurrent users).

Thanks in advance,

cheers, Jernej