[Dovecot] Apple Mail quota display

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Oct 8 21:35:09 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 21:16 -0700, Timothy Martin wrote:
> I know this isn't necessarily a dovecot issue, but I was wondering if
> anyone has the quota displaying correctly in Apple Mail?
>
> I have it set up and working and displaying properly in thunderbird,
> roundcube (webmail), and squirrelmail. But for some reason Apple's
> Mail doesn't show the values or its nice thermometer bar.
>
> Are there additional configuration options for quota not documented
> on the wiki?

I think Apple Mail didn't like that the quota root name was empty. With
Dovecot 1.0 quota code it's not possible to change it though without
modifying the sources. Alternatively you could try my quota plugin
rewrite which allows setting the quota root name:

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-September/016134.html

The name can be changed with:

quota = maildir:quota_root_name_here