[Dovecot] [exim] request to have dovecot authenticator driver 'officially' included/supported

Philip Hazel ph10 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 14 09:49:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, Beber wrote:

> > My advice for trying to make it work is what I wrote before:
>
> Yep ok, I looked at code, but don't really known what replace which
> what :(
>
> Maybe you've got a patch ?

Here is an extract from that file:

       fprintf(f, "VERSION\t%d\t%d\nCPID\t%d\n"
               "AUTH\t%d\t%s\tservice=smtp\trip=%s\tlip=%s\tresp=%s\n",
               VERSION_MAJOR, VERSION_MINOR, getpid(), cuid,
               ablock->public_name, sender_host_address, interface_address,
               data ? (char *) data : "");

/****************************************************************************
   The code below was the original code here. It didn't work. A reading of the
   file auth-protocol.txt.gz that came with Dovecot 1.0_beta8 indicated that
   this was not right. Maybe something changed. I changed it to the above, and
   it seems to be better. PH

       fprintf(f, "VERSION\t%d\t%d\r\nSERVICE\tSMTP\r\nCPID\t%d\r\n"
               "AUTH\t%d\t%s\trip=%s\tlip=%s\tresp=%s\r\n",
               VERSION_MAJOR, VERSION_MINOR, getpid(), cuid,
               ablock->public_name, sender_host_address, interface_address,
               data ? (char *) data : "");

Just replace the first fprintf() statement with the second one from
inside the comment. You can do that by deleting appropriate lines so
that you are left with:

       fprintf(f, "VERSION\t%d\t%d\r\nSERVICE\tSMTP\r\nCPID\t%d\r\n"
               "AUTH\t%d\t%s\trip=%s\tlip=%s\tresp=%s\r\n",
               VERSION_MAJOR, VERSION_MINOR, getpid(), cuid,
               ablock->public_name, sender_host_address, interface_address,
               data ? (char *) data : "");

Of course, keep a copy of the old file, just in case.