[Dovecot] master/config/log/login rewrite

Brian T Glenn glenn-dovecot at delink.net
Sun Oct 15 14:37:59 UTC 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:13:52PM +0300, Timo Sirainen may have written:
> On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 03:11 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > Most importantly this should fix the login process problems that people
> > have been reporting.
>
> Or not. I'm getting tired of that crap.
>
> I spent today upgrading that code to contain the newest changes from CVS
> and fixing it in general. All of these login process problems seem to
> have gone away after using that code. Also it seems to be much faster
> than the old code.
>
> Now, I wonder if I still should try to get the login process bugs fixed
> from the old code tree, or just forget about that and use the rewrite..

Personally, I would really like to be able to bind dovecot to a single
IP address, so I would be in favor of the change. I understand many
people really want 1.0 to come out, but it is just a number. There is no
reason not to run beta or RC code when it is of the quality that dovecot
has reached. 1.0 doesn't change the code.

That being said, would you (Timo) be willing to provide a patch/separate
branch with this functionality in place?

Cheers,
--
http://www.delink.net/