[Dovecot] master/config/log/login rewrite

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Mon Oct 16 17:03:49 UTC 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Charles Marcus wrote:
> Dovecot has been such a fast moving target anyway, I don't see any problem
> with making the change, as long as it is well documented, and well
> publicized.
>
> That said, I don't guess its a big deal to just make the 1.0 release, then
> make this a 1.0.1 change...

I agree in principle with this last statement, except that to
me it violates the principle of least astonishment to have
a mandatory configuration file format change happen between
1.0 and 1.0.1.  A change like should have a bigger change in
version number in order to highlight it.  When I see a change
as small as 1.0 to 1.0.1, I tend to think only a few very
minor changes have been made, or maybe only bug fixes.

   - Logan