[Dovecot] master/config/log/login rewrite

Mon Oct 16 12:02:05 UTC 2006

Peter Fern wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Now, I wonder if I still should try to get the login process bugs fixed
>> from the old code tree, or just forget about that and use the rewrite..
>>
>> One problem with the rewrite is that some settings in configuration file
>> will change. Although I guess I could add backwards compatibility for
>> most of them..

> Unfortunately at this stage, I don't think any major functionality
> changes are a good idea, however if we can get the final bugs cleaned up
> and get 1.0 out the door, I can see a very fruitful 1.1 release with
> this code ;)

I disagree...

Dovecot has been such a fast moving target anyway, I don't see any
problem with making the change, as long as it is well documented, and
well publicized.

That said, I don't guess its a big deal to just make the 1.0 release,
then make this a 1.0.1 change...

:)

--

Best regards,