[Dovecot] Problem with indexes

crs crs at poczta.fm
Fri Oct 20 00:18:52 UTC 2006

Hello.

Dovecot is really good software but I have one big problem with indexes.
I have server with a lot of mailboxes - filesystem has quota enabled and
I can't resign it from different reasons. When mailbox achieve quota
size and user wants to pick mails via pop3, error "-ERR Mailbox is in
inconsistent state, please relogin." is given. I know it's because
dovecot can't write indexes. Is it possible to force dovecot to write
indexes with definite owner/group f.e dovecot/dovecot and not
owner/group of mailbox? I can set quotas for user dovecot to unlimited
and problem would disappear. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Best regards -
Chris.