[Dovecot] Status of Shared Folders?

Tue Oct 24 18:00:42 UTC 2006

>> I'm just curious... is the Wiki up to date regarding the status of
>> Shared Folder support for Dovecot?

> Support for "Public folders" is doable, users sharing folders to each
> others is not supported.

Good - while users being able to Share folders would be 'nice', it
certainly isn't a requirement for us... :)

> BTW. I did think about this (and many other things) recently when
> driving several hours in a car and having nothing else to do. I guess I
> should write down those ideas before I forget about them completely
> again.

Please do! I'm sure they are great ideas, seeing as how great dovecot is
in general... :)

>> Specifically, does Dovecot still have a problem with Read-only (for
>> certain users) maildirs using Shared folders defined via namespaces?

> I think it should work.. At least I can't remember why it wouldn't work.
> If it does, please remove that text from the wiki :)

I'll certainly do so when I am able to confirm this... thanks!

>> Having per-user read/unread flags will be a very nice bonus, but I don't
>> see anything about support for those...

> That works too, as long as you set the index file path to be different
> for each user, ie. something like:
>
> location = maildir:/var/public/Maildir:INDEX=%h/.shared-indexes

Perfect! Thanks Timo!

--

Best regards,

Charles