[Dovecot] LDAP Dovecot Configuration Problem

Ejay Hire ehire at cbrweb.com
Tue Oct 24 18:43:43 UTC 2006

Hello.

There are a couple of steps here.

1.  Search your system for dovecot-ldap.conf.  You are using an RPM, so its
location will vary depending on the packager.  Copy this file to /etc.
2.  Edit /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf with the appropriate settings.
3.  Edit /etv/dovecot.conf as follows.
	find the section that begins "auth default {"
	Comment out the "passdb pam {" section
	Uncomment the "passdb ldap {" section
	set the "args = "line to the path of dovecot-ldap.conf  i.e. "args =
/etc/dovecot-ldap.conf"

	Uncomment the  "userdb ldap {" section
	set the "args =" line to the path of dovecot-ldap.conf
	 i.e. "args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf"

Once you have it working, you can reduce the number of LDAP queries per
login from 2 to 1 by using "userdb prefetch".

Can an OpenLdap Guru contact me off-list?  I need some guidance on switching
away from a BDB backend, and OpenLDAP stability in general.

Thanks and Good Luck,

Ejay Hire