[Dovecot] RC10 errors

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 24 17:01:26 UTC 2006

I just installed a limited test of RC10 last night.  So far, all is great
except for errors being logged for one user (out of about 150 users total).

This one user has not yet complained or anything, but the log file has
repeated
entries of the following format for him (host and username changed to protect
the guilty/innocent):

Oct 24 06:13:02 mail dovecot: IMAP(username): file
mbox-sync-rewrite.c: line 405 (mbox_sync_read_and_move): assertion
failed: (need_space == (uoff_t)-mails[idx].space)
Oct 24 06:13:02 mail1 dovecot: child 18235 (imap) killed with signal 6

I find it most interesting that only 1 out of 150+ users is getting this
error...  And again, no complaints from the user.

Setup is: wu-imap mbox files in /var/spool/mail (exported via NFS, but
local to the dovecot server).  Mail in ~/mail/ (NFS mount, foreign to
devecot server).  Indexes in /var/dovecot/indexes (local to dovecot
server with no NFS at all).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics