[Dovecot] Shared folders plans for the future

Tue Oct 24 19:57:06 UTC 2006

Hi Timo,

I'm reading/thinking about the direction you're headed, but had a
question...

Here you say:

> The ~/Maildir/shared directory could then contain symlinks to all the
> shared mailboxes. The directory list could probably be in Maildir++
> layout even though the symlinks would point to mboxes.

Why would the symlinks point to mboxes? Is it required for shared
mailboxes to be in mbox format? If so, I'm confused - didn't you say
that the support for Public Shared folders in maildir format should work?

Or would this only apply to each Users Shared folders? If so, why?
(please don't misunderstand, I'm not contradicting you, but I'm curious)...

Lastly, are you contemplating adding support for Client-side control of
the ACLs for the users Shared folders? I'm not sure about anyone else,
but I don't give my users shell access, so they wouldn't be able set
these up themselves...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts out loud...

--

Best regards,

Charles