[Dovecot] Shared folders plans for the future

Thu Oct 26 12:02:48 UTC 2006

Mark Nienberg wrote:
> Mark Nienberg wrote:
>> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>
>>> I think the "public folders" configuration will stay as it is now. Does
>>> it really even need anything else?
>>
>> One thing I notice is that if I read a message in my inbox and then
>> move it to a public folder, it is marked as unread in the public
>> folder.  Ideally, it would be marked as read (for me, unread for others).
>>
>> I'm still on 1.0beta6 so forgive me if this has been changed in the RCs.
>
> Oh, and another thing.  Users cannot delete public folders from
> Thunderbird if they have Thunderbird configured to move deleted items to
> a Trash folder.  In order to delete a public folder, the user has to
> temporarily configure Thunderbird to delete items immediately.

But normal users shouldn't normally be able to delete public folders,
should they? Unless you mean folders of *theirs* that they have shared.

Public Folders should be managed only by designated admins, no?

--

Best regards,

Charles