[Dovecot] Shared folders plans for the future

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Fri Oct 27 02:57:30 UTC 2006

Charles Marcus wrote:
> Mark Nienberg wrote:

>>> One thing I notice is that if I read a message in my inbox and then
>>> move it to a public folder, it is marked as unread in the public
>>> folder.  Ideally, it would be marked as read (for me, unread for
>>> others).
>>>
>>> I'm still on 1.0beta6 so forgive me if this has been changed in the RCs.
>>
>> Oh, and another thing.  Users cannot delete public folders from
>> Thunderbird if they have Thunderbird configured to move deleted items
>> to a Trash folder.  In order to delete a public folder, the user has
>> to temporarily configure Thunderbird to delete items immediately.
>
> But normal users shouldn't normally be able to delete public folders,
> should they? Unless you mean folders of *theirs* that they have shared.
>
> Public Folders should be managed only by designated admins, no?

In our environment "public" refers to our in-house staff.  They create a
"public" folder for each project they work on so all team members can
see all the mail related to the project. It works best as a
collaborative effort.  I don't really want them to have to come to me to
request creation or deletion of a folder.

The most common reason to delete a folder is that someone tries to make
one with a period in its name, and you know what happens then.

Mark