[Dovecot] "dovecot dead but subsys locked" problem

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Fri Oct 27 21:21:30 UTC 2006

Jim Trigg schrieb:

>If you follow the trail of links you'll see that the problem is *not* open
>relaying.  It is that the name the server is attempting to greet with does
>not resolve to its IP address.  The page that Spamhaus eventually points
>to with specific information about why the IP address is listed and how to
>deal with it is http://cbl.abuseat.org/namingproblems.html

OK, I'm beaten :-)  - there are many reasons you can get on these lists,
not just open relaying. And there are even more errors you can make when
configuring your mailserver (or the DNS/MX resolution for it) that can
prevent receiving mail or sending mail or both.
Hostname configuration is only a small part of it. But here we really
get out of an imap-related discussion.

JC