[Dovecot] Cache fields

Tony Kay tkay at uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 26 03:10:02 EEST 2006

Hi,

We are using Dovecot with maildir, and the mail client requests flags, internaldate, and uid for all messages on folder open, which on average takes 3 seconds, but for large folders is much longer.

It seems like I want mail_cache_fields to include "flags", but which date corresponds to internaldate? date.received?

Is UID always cached for messages, or does it have to read through the directory to get them? Are there other optimizations I can do that will improve the speed of folder opens?

--
Anthony Kay
University Computing Center

This isn't right. This isn't even wrong.

    Wolfgang Pauli