[Dovecot] log tools with html for dovecot

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Sep 26 19:00:58 EEST 2006

Jakob Curdes schrieb:

>> --
>> Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefährliche Inhalte untersucht
>> und ist - aktuelle Virenscanner vorausgesetzt - sauber.
>
> Uh, that's not very convincing - is it my job to provide current virus
> scanners to your system ? Would that not be the job of the sysadmin ??
> What if there is a new virus not yet detected by virus scanners - then
> your claim may be a bold one anyway...

i am the sysadmin, and forget about that virus bla bla, i change my mail
setup very often so this message ,is left from a test , it will this an
disappear at the next setup, and i think you missunderstod it anyway

its a standart claim from mailscanner

"aktuelle Virenscanner vorausgesetzt" this means "in case the virus
scanner is up2date" so there is not spoken by a garanty that the mail is
virus free.
sorry why do you care of this, you must have much time ...

> To answer your original question : you might be able to tweak awstats to
> do what you want, but isn't an IMAP server log pretty boring anyway ??
> login x , login y , z disconnected due to inactivity - there is not much
> that you want to see normally. Rather, you might want to see the one
> "password mismatch" or "Maildir does not exist" per day, and that is
> something for grep/perl/whatever.

youre right , but it not my wish to have that, its a customers wish
and youre right awstats should do the job, only the last login is from
interest, i hope i could catch that up in awstats

> JC
>
> --
> Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefährliche Inhalte untersucht
> und ist - aktuelle Virenscanner vorausgesetzt - sauber.

- --
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best Regards
Robert Schetterer