[Dovecot] lazy_expunge vs mulberry

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Wed Apr 18 00:53:48 EEST 2007

On April 17, 2007 11:21:14 AM +0300 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 17.4.2007, at 9.06, Frank Cusack wrote:
>
>>> Your problem anyway is that hidden=yes makes the namespaces
>>> invisible to
>>> clients. I'll go remove them.
>>
>> Sure, I realize that.  But in the "Display Hierarchy" dialog,
>> Mulberry has
>> a part to enter additional hierarchies (I guess this is
>> namespaces), that
>> aren't in the top part which is where Mulberry shows the advertised
>> namespaces.  When I enter "EXPUNGED" or ".EXPUNGED" or ".EXPUNGED/"
>> I get
>> a folder in my mailboxes list but no subfolders and no messages in
>> that
>> folder (even though there are messages there).
>>
>> If I remove hidden=yes, Mulberry crashes on login.
>
> Try using some other names for the namespaces and hidden=no. At least if
> you're normally using '.' as separator then it's a bad idea to use
> different separators in different namespaces. And if you're using '.' as
> separator in those expunge namespaces, it's a bad idea to begin the
> namespace with a separator.

Yeah, actually I adjusted all the names and separators as well and
still no luck (should have mentioned that earlier).  However, after trying
to revert to my previous config, I found that diddling the separator made
my entire Mailder inaccessible until I removed dovecot-uidlist.  So I
probably need to revisit this.

-frank