[Dovecot] Resend: How do I configure sendmail to accept emails for dovecot when dovecot has sql auth/user db.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Aug 2 18:16:39 EEST 2007

Joseph Silverman spake the following on 8/1/2007 5:24 PM:
> Apologies for resending this, I am not sure it made it through the first
> time..
> ---
>
> Included below are my config files: sendmail.mc, dovecot.m4,
> dovecot.conf, dovecot-sql.conf.  Whenever I try to send email into this
> system, it rejects it with user does not exist, however, the user does
> exist as far as dovecot (imap) is concerned, it is in the database.
>
> THANKS - Yossie
It came through the first time, but nobody has answered you yet. I don't have
a good answer either, but you need to find a way for sendmail to use the same
auth database, or replicate it somehow into virtualusers system.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and