[Dovecot] Resend: How do I configure sendmail to accept emails for dovecot when dovecot has sql auth/user db.

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Thu Aug 2 18:39:47 EEST 2007

I don't regard myself as much of an expert, but this is NOT a Dovecot
question, rather one relating to sendmail or your O/S native
authentication functionality.  Speaking for myself, I run NIS/yp on my
mailserver and then restrict login...this supplies authentication to all
users receiving mail.  I might (but don't) run LDAP as the primary
authentication resource on this AIX box, in which case I could then use
LDAP when receiving mail.  Understand: Dovecot doesn't receive mail,
sendmail does.

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources