[Dovecot] Not seeing other folders with some clients

Thibault VINCENT thibault.vincent at opentrust.com
Thu Aug 9 02:20:02 EEST 2007

Hi,

Le Thursday 09 August 2007 00:54:15 Scott Silva, vous avez écrit :
> In thunderbird, go to File, subscribe... and look if the boxes have check
> marks or not.
You can also check the «subscribes» file in the maildir.

 By the way, is there any special reason why dovecot 1.0 has a strange
behaviour with symlinks ? I through it was client specific but it may not be.
 I have various sieve scripts in my maildir, and I choose the one I want to be
active pointing the .dovecot.sieve link to to the desired file (witch is
within a directory : .dovecot.sievec --> ./scripts/vacations ).
 The «scripts» folder is actually considered by dovecot as an IMAP one,
labeled «dovecot» (first part of the link filename), that contains an other
folder labeled «sieve» (i guess because of the extention of the link name).

 It's just how it looks like in IMAP clients, and with Kmail the «dovecot»
folder also has a different color (gray instead of blue with my icons set).
It's not dramatic, but if the client is configured to display every folder, it
stops on an error while checking the "fakes" folders.

Thank you for your opinion.

--
Thibault VINCENT
tibal at reloaded.fr