[Dovecot] Updated v1.1 and summer plans

Sun Dec 2 17:02:07 EET 2007

On 12/2/2007, Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 18:56 -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> I don't see any mention of support for SiS
>> (single-instance-storage) as discussed previously on the list, even
>> for upcoming 1.2/2.0
>>
>> Did this fall through a crack? Or did you decide it was going to be
>> too difficult for the time being?

> dbox-file.h contains:
>
>     /* Pointer to external message data. Format is:
>     DBOX_METADATA_EXT_REF        = 'P',
>
> That's about all there exists of that feature :) I haven't given up
> on implementing that, but for now there have been more important
> things.

Fair enough... but since this one is near and dear to my heart ;)

Do you have any idea as to a time frame for when you might be able to
get to it? Are you thinking post v2.0? Even 2.1 or 3.0?

I know its a hard question to answer, so if you just have no idea, thats
ok too...

Thanks again -

--

Best regards,