[Dovecot] Permission for /var/run/dovecot

Dr. Ashok N. Ullal ashok.ullal at dikg-tuebingen.de
Tue Dec 11 17:38:32 EET 2007

I have just installed my mail server on a Ubuntu Linux V.7.10 box with
sendmail and dovecot imap from the Ubuntu packages. Each time the
machines boots, I get the following messages:

Starting mail server:
dovecotWarning: Fixing permissions of /var/run/dovecot to be world readable
Warning: Corrected permissions for login directory /var/run/dovecot/login

After the boot the permissions visible are:
drwxr-xr-x root root 	/var/run/dovecot
drwxr-x--- root dovecot	/var/run/dovecot/login

What permissions do I need to set so that the warnings do not appear?