[Dovecot] 1.08 + quota-rewrite has no trash plugin

adam_jh at hotmail.com adam_jh at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:03:46 EET 2007

I think I'm just going to move to 1.1 - however, I'm not keen on installing all the dev tools necessary on a production box. Does anyone have any pointers to web pages or keywords I can check to see what kind of safeguards are needed.

The problem I have is building the the srpm to include the quota-rewrite with the trash plugin. I think it has been removed and I wanted to check if anyone knows any good reason not just simply re-enable it (though without the skills I'm not sure I'd do it).

-SUBDIRS = acl convert quota imap-quota lazy-expunge mail-log trash $(ZLIB)
+SUBDIRS = acl convert quota imap-quota lazy-expunge mail-log $(ZLIB)

[root at test ~]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/dovecot start
Starting Dovecot Imap: Warning: Corrected permissions for login directory /var/run/dovecot-login
FPlugin trash not found from directory /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
Error: imap dump-capability process returned 89
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot.conf
                                                           [FAILED]

A year ago the same question was asked, but I'm not sure of any changes since then.