[Dovecot] Xen + NFS

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 14 11:56:30 EET 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 23:12 -0800, Eric wrote:

> I am currently testing several scenarios to help determine how to best
> implement dovecot for our environment. One scenario of particular
> interest is Maildir + NFS, load balanced between several servers
> running dovecot.

This won't work well with v1.0. If the same mailbox is accessed from
multiple servers at the same time you'll get errors. See
http://wiki.dovecot.org/NFS.

Note that just disabling attribute cache isn't enough. I didn't know
this before, and that wiki page should be updated..

> file maildir-uidlist.c: line 139 (maildir_uidlist_unlock): assertion failed: (uidlist->lock_count > 0)

Looks like a bug.

> dovecot-1.0-1.2.rc15.el5

But there's a good chance this has already been fixed in newer versions.
You can get prebuilt packages for RHEL5 from
http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/dovecot/