[Dovecot] 1.1b13 build in FreeBSD fails using 'make'; 'gmake' apparently required

snowcrash schneecrash+dovecot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 16:52:23 EET 2007

hi mikkel,

> Now the point of releasing the betas is that the users should test them.
> That may be somewhat difficult if the users are told to bugger off when
> they complain that the betas won't compile.

1st, thanks for the comments :-)  certainly no skin off my nose --
that's why newsreaders have killfiles ;-)

but just to clarify, there was neither "complaint" on my part, nor
even 'just' an 'it doesn't work' statement.  rather, a simple point
was raised and documented, and a solution/workaround was proposed.

now, hopefully, back to our "originally scheduled program".

cheers.