[Dovecot] 1.1b13 build in FreeBSD fails using 'make'; 'gmake' apparently required

Frank Behrens frank at pinky.sax.de
Mon Dec 31 17:46:26 EET 2007

mikkel at euro123.dk <mikkel at euro123.dk> wrote on 31 Dec 2007 14:44:
> There are many good reasons for not using the port.
>
> Dovecot is constantly releasing new betas that should be tested and it
> might not be feasible to wait for them to go into ports.

Yes, that's true. But I had never problems to test new versions with a modified port. I copied
the port files to a new directory and changed the Makefile, e.g.:

WRKDIR=                ${.CURDIR}/work
DISTDIR=               ${.CURDIR}
PACKAGES=               /var/ports/packages

PORTNAME=       dovecot
DISTVERSION=    1.1.beta8
CATEGORIES=     mail ipv6
MASTER_SITES=   http://www.dovecot.org/releases/1.1/beta/

You can test snapshots with:

#DISTVERSION=   20071023
#MASTER_SITES=  http://www.dovecot.org/nightly/
#WRKSRC=                ${WRKDIR}/dovecot-20070522
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-storages=mbox,maildir

This works on FreeBSD-7 in a jail.

Regards,
   Frank
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.