[Dovecot] 1.1b13 build in FreeBSD fails using 'make'; 'gmake' apparently required

snowcrash schneecrash+dovecot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:12:24 EET 2007

hi frank,

> Yes, that's true. But I had never problems to test new versions with a modified port. I copied
> the port files to a new directory and changed the Makefile, e.g.:
(snip)
> This works on FreeBSD-7 in a jail.

that's good to know. thanks!

(btw, what were your base JAIL buildworld make.conf specs for the
dovecot-containing jail?  if you can share, please email me offlist
...)

nonetheless, isn't it a bit ironic -- in this thread, anyway -- after
being told "you're on your own" for using recommended/supported
procedures, and barked @ for not using the standard port, that doing
something completely unsupported, which works fortuitously, especially
since there are some significant differences between v109 an v11bXXX,
is deemed "like an excellent idea"?  lol.

cheers.