[Dovecot] Automatic Folder Expiry (plugin?)

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Thu Feb 1 00:36:07 UTC 2007

Mick T wrote:

> I personally use a shell script to achieve this:
>
> find /var/virtualmail/ -regex
> '.*/\.\(Trash\|Junk\)\(/.*\)?\/\(cur\|new\)/.*' -type f  -mtime +30
> -exec rm '{}'  \;

Nice. :) What's your load like doing this compared to number of users?
I'm using a Maildir-on-NFS setup here, so there's always that to account
for as well... I'm guessing you run this at 5am or so daily?

What about the Dovecot indexes -- will they adjust/fix/repair
automagically when the user logs in? Same with dovecot-uidlist, it's
self-healing?

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer