[Dovecot] Is it 1.0 yet?

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Wed Feb 14 04:57:48 UTC 2007

Dan Price wrote:

> I agree except for my aformentioned concerns: if 1.0.1 is a bugfix
> release for 1.0, great.  But I'd not like 1.0.1 to be chock full of
> new features which could introduce instability.
>
> I'd like to see a risk managed, bug-fix-only 1.0.x train and a less
> stable 1.1 or 2.x train.

I concur with Dan, 1.0.x bugfix + 1.1 devel. Stability is more key to us
rather than new features - if it wasn't for the namespace needs I'd
probably be using 0.99 as that's what's in the RHEL release.

But I also concur with Marc, let's lock it down and ship it if we're
pretty darn bug free. :) My beta testers love it, it's night and day
compared to Courier re: performance. They don't know what 'Dovecot' is,
but they know it rocks.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer