[Dovecot] Bug tracking system

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 15 17:25:34 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 18:31 +0100, Udo Rader wrote:
> #1: post all incoming bugs (entered via a [web] interface) to a mailing
>     list, such as dovecot-bugs

Would be nice also to translate existing mails in mailing list into bug
reports, but I guess it's not that horrible if it has to be copy&pasted
and another mail about that bug then appears.

Also I'd rather not require users to register into the BTS at all to add
new bugs. Just writing the bug subject, description and giving an email
address should be enough.

> #3: allow email based replies based on the subject line that go back
>     directly into the bugtracker

Also from people not registered to the bug tracker? What about
creating/preserving Message-ID / References headers so that the comments
in one bug also show up as a single thread in the mailing list?

> All this can be easily setup for bugzilla and mantis (the only ones that
> I personally have dealt with to a greater extent so far).
>
> If help is needed to get such a configuration working (also including
> hosting of such a solution), I personally (and the company I work for)
> would be happy to help out.

If the above two things could be made to work, I guess we could finally
have a bug tracker. :)