[Dovecot] Dovecot rc23 and rc24 freeze after authentication

Tue Feb 27 20:15:15 UTC 2007

Garret Huntress wrote:
> I had our production systems running on rc23, however we ran into
> problems when the server was under heavy load.  Eventually, the server
> would begin to freeze all imap connection after authentication
> (according to the logs).  A user would connect, authentication would
> succeed, and then the connection would sit until timing out.  No error
> logs were produced.  Upgrading to rc24 did not resolve the issue, but
> reverting to rc22 has.

Ok, give me a sec....

<grunt> <grunt>

Dang - sorry, my crystall ball just isn't working... so, it may be just
a leetle bit helpful if you provided some details... I'm thinking maybe
some dovecot -n output, actual logs (well, you did say you had looked at
them), platform, etc...

--

Best regards,

Charles